Current Grant-Giving Policy
We give grants for the advancement, anywhere in the world, of the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the life and works of the late Ralph Vaughan Williams, and of the works of his widow, Ursula Vaughan Williams.
In so far as finances permit, we are willing to consider applications asking for support in the following areas:
- The publication of hitherto unpublished works of VW or the origination by existing publishers of new scores and performing material for works already published.
- The performance of works by VW, either where they are rarely performed (particularly the operas) or where the context is special, such as local music societies or festivals.
- The recording of neglected VW works, especially the creation of DVDs of the operas.
- Research into the music of VW.
- The acquisition by public institutions of VW research material, such as autograph manuscripts or original correspondence.
Applicants seeking support for projects concerned with other British composers of the recent past are referred to our sister charity, The RVW Trust www.rvwtrust.org.uk.